Tuesday, November 24, 2015

After the charades of soccer last week and me getting emotional over Manchester City, let's talk about basketball. I am a HUGE Boston Celtics fan, have been my whole life. This is a transitional period in our history because we are working towards the future, so I don't expect much success in the near future. There is a shining light at the end of this current dark tunnel. This light is named Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons is the best player in the world under the age of 21. Ben Simmons is an 18 year old prospect who plays for LSU. Ben Simmons is the undisputed number one pick in the 2016 NBA Draft. You may ask yourself, "But Javier, the Celtics are in playoff position, they can't get the number one pick." To those, I give you this nugget of information. The Celtics have the draft pick of the Brooklyn Nets. The Brooklyn Nets, are awful. The third worst team in the NBA right now type of awful. We have their pick, with no restrictions, therefore, we have a BIG TIME chance at getting Mr. Ben Simmons. I mean, come on, just look at how perfect this looks....

Ben Simmons has dominated college basketball so far. He is averaging 19.3 PPG, 14.5 RPG, 5.3 APG, 2 SPG, AND 1 BPG. This is an 18 year old kid who is 6'11 AND PLAYS EVERY DAMN POSITION, SPECIFICALLY SMALL FORWARD, WHICH THE CELTICS DESPERATELY NEED. Life is good as a Celtics fan. Life is really good. But that is enough of my worshipping of this grown man-child. Until the next time we meet...

3 comments:

  1. Im a pretty stereotypical girl and am not that into sports but theses posts are still pretty interesting! Sounds like it is a topic you really care about, it really shows through!! I like it because its not just boring facts and stats it is your opinion and in your own voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a good case for Ben Simmons in this post. You really backed up your argument for him with the stats. Let's see if you're right in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I myself have been a Celtic fan my whole life. Before 2008 and after. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I dont think Simmons should be who we go after. I need more big men. We have enough guards, even though smart has been disappointing as of late. I still think we need depth off the bench for our big men to close out games defensively. As for the nets, I hope they continue to go down the losing streak they're on so we can get a good pick.

    ReplyDelete